A Glimpse Of Venice, Italy

13 comments
Hello Everyone!

My friend is currently on a 6 week volunteer placement in the beautiful Italian city Venice. She loves travelling and is working in a hostel right in the centre of town. 

One month ago myself and another friend booked a spontaneous trip to visit her and set off for a four day break. We had a great time exploring the area and taking so many photos! I thought I would give you a glimpse of this trip through some of the many photos that I took.

The main streets were packed with tourists but a short walk would take you to calm cobbled paths with tall classic Venice homes.



The gondolas were very expensive so we didn't bother going on one but appreciated how traditional and pretty they looked on the canals as we passed over the bridges.



We sampled many of the expensive cocktails and enjoyed eating in the beautiful restaurants. Although one restaurant near our hotel definitely ripped us off!

Down some backstreets my friend showed us this little bookshop. It had books in a gondola, stairs made from books and a fire exit straight into the canal!

We took a boat to another island called Murano where we saw a demonstration of the making of a glass bowl. It was fascinating and so clever!


We also visited Burano which had the most colourful buildings! It was so pretty.



In the evening we went up Campanile di San Marco (the tower in the main square) and watched the sunset.



Have you ever been to Venice?

Love, Phoebe x
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

13 comments

  1. Lovely photos! I haven't been to Venice but it looks so nice, if a little expensive. I found the fire exit into the canal rather funny, got to be the best place to be. Looks like you had a lovely time. =^-^=

    Sam | Momentarily Dreaming

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was expensive but you could definitely find cheaper restaurants! Thank you for reading :) x

      Delete
  2. Ahh! That little bookstore is honestly my dream come true. x It is so simple and wonderful! You're so lucky to get to go to Venice, Phoebe.
    ps. I am in love with your blog design!
    ~ Sanjana
    peridotcove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Hopefully you'll be able to go someday :) x

      Delete
  3. I envy your spontaneous trip to Venice! That's amazing! It looks so beautiful, and it sounds like you had an amazing time in Venice! Wow <3

    xx Bash | Hey Bash | bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  4. You got some gorgeous photos :) Venice is one of those places I visited when I was so young I couldn't fully appreciate it - I definitely need to go back xx

    Jasmine Talks Beauty | High-End Palette Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  5. Venice is beautiful, and so is Italy, every place we visited in Italy was different from the other.

    Sam || Beautydetour

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Italy and I've been there quite a few times! I completely agree :) x

      Delete
  6. Lovely photos that you took! I've also been to Venice once but it was only for one day during a schools trip to Italy. It's such a lovely town with its small passages. Xx
    fairyduzzt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've gone to Venice once and I really liked it :)
    Xo Victoria
    www.vidcaria.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig